Family News

we will rejoice and be glad in it

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Last update

This is gonna be my last update for a while. We're having our Internet turned off this Friday, because the movers are coming to pack up our house this coming Monday! It's really upon us. We're staying at the Navy Lodge all next week, and will finally fly out on August 8th. Off to the next unknown.
We've been trying to get in some play dates and sight seeing as we end our time here. Levi and I are soaking up the sun and getting together with friends during the day as much as we can. Here he's jumping with all his buddies.


He's got a friend behind helping him swing.

Of course some jeep time with JoJo. Don't they look like a little Ken and Hawaiian barbie go to the beach set?



Nathan and Levi and I did a little sight seeing this past week. We went to the Aquarium in Waikiki. It was pretty small, but still interesting for a 3 year old. There are some fish inside, and some outside. Here's the view.
This is what Levi cared about the most. Getting to see Nemo and his daddy. Also Dory, but she was in another tank.




Unfortunately as we were finishing, up Levi tripped and hit his head. He got a pretty good bump that ruined the rest of the trip for him. Hence the sad face in this picture.
The next day we finally went as a family to the Dole Plantation. Levi and I have been probably 3 times before, but Nathan had yet to go. Levi LOVES the 15 minute train ride. And we did the World's Largest Maze for the first time. It took us about an hour to complete it, but it was fun.



Comfortably enjoying the peaceful train ride and taking in the scenery.

After we finished our Dole Activities we went into the Gift Shop to see if there were any "leaving Hawaii" trinkets we'd like to get. I ended up getting a pearl. They have them in the clams sitting in bowels of water on the counter. You pick the clam out, and they pry it open for you. You either discover a black, white or pink pearl. I got pink, as I hoped for. They also have jewelry and try to talk you into a 250 dollar necklace to set the pearl in. But, I just stuck with the pearl. I'll figure something out to do with it.

It's quite gross, and did not smell delightful, but the pearl is pretty and pink.


On Sunday we finally went to "First Look Sonogram" to find out the gender of our baby #2. I'm relatively sure that everyone reading this already knows but....it's a girl! Just as I already knew. Levi thought it was fun and exciting to watch the baby on the big tv in the room. But, he wasn't surprised to find out she's a girl. He also had already predicted such. He was excited to get his new "Big Brother" t-shirt though.

Looks like he's gonna take the job seriously. Sunday morning, when I put the shirt on him, he asked me what it said. I told him it says "Big Brother" He asked, "what does it mean?" I explained it to him and when he saw Papa he said, "It says I'm the big brother for the baby in mama's tummy. And that's my story."


Here she is. Click on this picture so you can see it big. You can see her little nose and lips and eyes. Very cute already, I think.

After the sonogram I wanted to get Levi either a boy or girl doll, depending of course on what we found out. Nathan's a little weirded out by giving his son a little pink dolly, but I think it's fine. It's preparation for his little sister. He's trying to dress her here.

And tie on her bib. I like his little concentrated face. Tonight he asked for his "little baby" to sleep with. When Nathan brought it in for him he said, "Look how pretty she is."

He's going to be an excellent big brother. And I just know his little sister is going to adore him.

Here's a video of Levi talking about his shirt and about finding out about the baby's gender. It's pretty cute. He's very excited. The other night he was sitting on Nathan's lap and Nathan said, "When the baby comes we can sit like this and hold the baby in our laps. Are you gonna hold the baby? Are you gonna hug the baby?" Levi smiled and said, "Yes. You've got to open mama's tummy and get the baby out now so I can hold her."

This is a video I took while Levi and I were waiting in the car at Nathan's work. We got to go to his re-enlistment ceremony but we had to wait for him to go inside and change. While amusing ourselves in the car Levi put this hat on and became a girl. It's funny.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, lots of very exciting things happening in your world right now. I can't wait to see you're new place and surroundings. You'll have to give us all the "tour" when you've finished moving in. Washington is one of the few states I have never been to.

Levi seems like he going to be an awesome big brother. I think the doll is a great idea. Great way to teach him to be gentle and how to help. When Landon went to meet his new cousin Harrison he smacked him on the top of his head because he didn't understand why it was making all that noise! Oops. Guess we'll have to work on that for the next one :)

So which name are you picking? Everyone was quite opinionated, eh?

Vera said...

Enjoy your last week as Hawaiians, maybe you can soak up a few more freckles before you leave.
We have that same babydoll at our house, but it's name is Colorado baby, because it was a we got it to play with on our drive to Colorado several years ago.
Isabella and I think that Levi's girl voice sounds like a puppy. Xander has a girl voice too which he uses any time he has any kind of girl clothes on.

Sallygram said...

I love his big brotherliness! And she will adore him, just like Ari and Xander! Cool about the pink pearl! I love the seal shot! Looks just like Kiwi, just sayin.